Oil & Gas
Alchemy is the leading supplier of Adsorbents (Molecular Sieves, Metal Oxides and Activated Alumina’s) and Ceramic Support Balls in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. We represent world leading companies such as UOP and Saint Gobain and offer a range of Adsorbents for removal of impurities from all your process streams, as well as Ceramic Support Balls. Our clients include the major Oil, Gas, Petrochemical, Engineering, Mining and Air Separation companies throughout these territories.
As well as supplying market leading Adsorbents, Alchemy provides its clients with ongoing technical support through the life of their units. This support includes:
- Discussing your specific application and proposing Adsorption based solutions.
- Providing regenerative and non-regenerative Adsorption system bed designs, based around your specific operating conditions.
- Supply of the required Adsorbents to achieve your specific processing objectives.
- Providing ongoing operational improvement and trouble shooting support.
- Spent Adsorbent disposal assistance.
- Bringing UOP technical people to Australia to meet with our clients.
- UOP Field Technical Support people that can come to site for performance testing, operational improvement and trouble shooting.
- Training in the principles of design and operation of an Adsorption system.
- Analysis of spent Adsorbents.
We also supply specialty chemical and mineral based products to the offshore drilling and completion industry.
Listed below are some of the key UOP products we supply:
- Standard 3A, 4A, 5A and 13X types
- Specialised Molecular Sieves for removal of Mercury, Sulphur, Chlorides and many other impurities.
- Standard Desiccant grade Activated Alumina
- Specialised Activated Alumina for removal of Chlorides, Fluorides, Sulphur and many other impurities.
Metal Oxide Adsorbents
- Removal of Mercury, Sulphur, Arsine, and many other impurities.
Listed below are some the typical applications for the UOP products. Contact us to discuss your specific application.
UOP Adsorbents – Typical Applications
- Drying Natural Gas – Pipeline and LNG
- Treating Natural Gas – Removal of Mercury, Sulphur, etc
- Drying and Treating LPG – Removal of Water and Sulphur
- Aerosol – Deodourisation
- Utilities – Air Dryers
- Alkylation – Drying and Defluorination
- Reformers – Drying and Chloride Removal
- Benzine Reduction Units – Chloride and Sulphur Removal
- Isomerisation – Drying and Treating
- LPG – Drying and Treating
- Hydrotreating – Chloride Removal
- Utilities – Instrument Air Drying
- Ethane – Cracked Gas Drying and Treating
- Ethylene – Drying and Treating
- Propane/Propylene – Drying and Treating
- Cryogenic Oxygen – Cryogenic Pre-purification
- PSA & VSA Oxygen – PSA & VSA Oxygen Beds
- Medox Units – Portable medical Oxygen units
- Compressed Air Dryers for Utilities Plants, Plastic Air Dryers, etc
- Deodourising LPG
- Methanol Drying
- Ethanol Drying
- Refrigerant Drying
- Air Brakes
- Insulated Glass
UOP LLC, a Honeywell company, has been delivering cutting-edge technology to the petroleum refining, gas processing, petrochemical production and major manufacturing industries for over 90 years.
The company’s roots date back to 1914, when the revolutionary Dubbs thermal cracking process created the technological foundation for today’s modern refining industry. In the ensuing decades, UOP engineers have generated thousands of patents, leading to important advances in process technology, profitability consultation, and equipment design. In addition, our latest proprietary discovery methods for identifying new catalysts and adsorbents are enabling us to bring such products to the marketplace faster than ever before.
Throughout the world, UOP customers are seeing tangible benefits by applying our decades of experience to their manufacturing plants. UOP advances do more than create higher yields, higher quality products, and higher profits for our customers. They also create cleaner technologies and processes for a healthier global environment.
And now, as part of Honeywell Specialty Materials business, UOP is even better able to bring the best, most advanced processes, products and services to customers around the world.
Adsorbent, Specialty and Custom Products
UOP’s Adsorbents and Specialties group offers the broadest range of molecular sieves and alumina adsorbents in the world with production facilities in the United States, Italy, Japan, and China. We are the worldwide leader in the continuing development and manufacture of zeolite and alumina adsorbents and their commercial applications.
UOP’s adsorbents expertise is unparalleled in the industry, extending from research and development to manufacturing, and from application product selection consulting to technical services. To meet the needs of our customers, we offer the broadest portfolio of adsorbent products available in the world, in the widest variety of packages. Our understanding of product applications and extensive industry expertise allows us to provide intelligent solutions for even the most complex manufacturing problems.
The scientists of the Linde Department of Union Carbide (a business unit now merged into UOP) invented synthetic molecular sieves more than 50 years ago. UOP continues to be a pioneer in the adsorbents business – by developing cutting edge products and processes to assure our customers high performance and overall value. Whatever your adsorbent needs, we have the right adsorbent product for you.
To find out more about UOP’s range of adsorbents and what they can do for your business, contact our office or visit the UOP website: www.uop.com/products/adsorbents
About Saint Gobain
Saint Gobain NorPro is the world leader in ceramic catalyst bed support ball technology and has set the industry standard with its Denstone® support media. Denstone support media is utilized in petrochemical, refining and chemical plants all around the world.
Saint-Gobain NorPro provides an extensive range of Denstone® brand bed support media, including Denstone 2000, 99, 57, along with it’s revolutionary bed support technology — Denstone® deltaP® media for fixed bed applications. The Denstone deltaP engineered media is unlike any traditional spherical bed support media and can increase the performance of your reactor. This technological breakthrough offers multiple benefits, improving your overall operating performance and bottom line results.
To find more about the Saint Gobain range of support media, contact our office or visit the Saint Gobain website: www.norpro.saint-gobain.com/denstone-bed-supports.aspx